Pentagon tightens security in wake of shooting
Arlington (US): The head of security at the
Pentagon says new safety measures are being implemented since
a gunman opened fire at the US Department of Defence
Steven E Calvery, director of the Pentagon Force
Protection Agency, said today that his department is giving
extra screening to visitors and more random inspections of
employees since March 4.
That`s when John Patrick Bedell shot at officers
outside the Pentagon Metro station before being killed by
Calvery also says communication improvements are being
made at the agency`s command center. He says the Pentagon
remains a target and authorities must adapt to evolving
A multimillion-dollar, five-year overhaul of security
at the Pentagon also is under way.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31