Pentagon to buy 31 Lockheed Martin stealth fighters
New York: The Pentagon has ordered some 31 F-35 stealth fighter jets from American multinational Lockheed Martin in a deal worth some USD 3.5 billion, the company has said.
The contract for the Joint Strike Fighters sets out a delivery of 30 planes for the US Air Force, Marine Corps and Navy as well as one jet destined for British forces, Lockheed Martin said in a statement.
The Netherlands also has an option to buy one such jet.
Including funding which has already been made available for the program which includes delivery of several variants, the total value of the deal will reach USD 3.9 billion.
The United States is planning to equip its forces with a total of 2,000 F-35s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka