Pentagon to buy 31 Lockheed Martin stealth fighters
New York: The Pentagon has ordered some 31 F-35 stealth fighter jets from American multinational Lockheed Martin in a deal worth some USD 3.5 billion, the company has said.
The contract for the Joint Strike Fighters sets out a delivery of 30 planes for the US Air Force, Marine Corps and Navy as well as one jet destined for British forces, Lockheed Martin said in a statement.
The Netherlands also has an option to buy one such jet.
Including funding which has already been made available for the program which includes delivery of several variants, the total value of the deal will reach USD 3.9 billion.
The United States is planning to equip its forces with a total of 2,000 F-35s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees