Pentagon to buy 31 Lockheed Martin stealth fighters
New York: The Pentagon has ordered some 31 F-35 stealth fighter jets from American multinational Lockheed Martin in a deal worth some USD 3.5 billion, the company has said.
The contract for the Joint Strike Fighters sets out a delivery of 30 planes for the US Air Force, Marine Corps and Navy as well as one jet destined for British forces, Lockheed Martin said in a statement.
The Netherlands also has an option to buy one such jet.
Including funding which has already been made available for the program which includes delivery of several variants, the total value of the deal will reach USD 3.9 billion.
The United States is planning to equip its forces with a total of 2,000 F-35s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city