People are surprised I can read, says George Bush
Washington: Former President George W. Bush, whose paintings are confounding his critics, has said that some people are surprised that he can even read.
The 66-year-old politician, who said that he takes "great delight in bursting stereotypes," started painting about a year ago, when his wife`s pal told him that he had some talent, Politico reported.
Bush was initially skeptical, but came around to the hobby after reading `Painting as a Pastime,` written by his hero Winston Churchill.
He now takes lessons once a week and paints mostly pets, landscapes and still life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read