People are surprised I can read, says George Bush
Washington: Former President George W. Bush, whose paintings are confounding his critics, has said that some people are surprised that he can even read.
The 66-year-old politician, who said that he takes "great delight in bursting stereotypes," started painting about a year ago, when his wife`s pal told him that he had some talent, Politico reported.
Bush was initially skeptical, but came around to the hobby after reading `Painting as a Pastime,` written by his hero Winston Churchill.
He now takes lessons once a week and paints mostly pets, landscapes and still life.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai