Person held near home of former President George W Bush
Washington: Authorities detained a person
near the home of former US President George W Bush after an
incident in his Dallas-area neighborhood, a US Secret Service
spokesman said on Thursday.
The person who was detained was coming to visit a
neighbour of the former president, CNN quoted Ed Donovan of
the Secret Service as saying.
The person, who was not identified, was authorised to
come onto the street, Donovan said.
The incident is being investigated by the Secret
Service, and there was no perceived threat to the former
president, according to Sgt. Warren Mitchell with the Dallas
"President and Mrs. Bush are OK and they appreciate the
work of the United States Secret Service and the Dallas Police
Department in responding to the incident," said Bush spokesman
Bush, 64, was the 43rd President of the United States,
serving from 2001 to 2009, and the 46th Governor of Texas,
serving from 1995 to 2000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal