Person held near home of former President George W Bush
Washington: Authorities detained a person
near the home of former US President George W Bush after an
incident in his Dallas-area neighborhood, a US Secret Service
spokesman said on Thursday.
The person who was detained was coming to visit a
neighbour of the former president, CNN quoted Ed Donovan of
the Secret Service as saying.
The person, who was not identified, was authorised to
come onto the street, Donovan said.
The incident is being investigated by the Secret
Service, and there was no perceived threat to the former
president, according to Sgt. Warren Mitchell with the Dallas
"President and Mrs. Bush are OK and they appreciate the
work of the United States Secret Service and the Dallas Police
Department in responding to the incident," said Bush spokesman
Bush, 64, was the 43rd President of the United States,
serving from 2001 to 2009, and the 46th Governor of Texas,
serving from 1995 to 2000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan