Person held near home of former President George W Bush
Washington: Authorities detained a person
near the home of former US President George W Bush after an
incident in his Dallas-area neighborhood, a US Secret Service
spokesman said on Thursday.
The person who was detained was coming to visit a
neighbour of the former president, CNN quoted Ed Donovan of
the Secret Service as saying.
The person, who was not identified, was authorised to
come onto the street, Donovan said.
The incident is being investigated by the Secret
Service, and there was no perceived threat to the former
president, according to Sgt. Warren Mitchell with the Dallas
"President and Mrs. Bush are OK and they appreciate the
work of the United States Secret Service and the Dallas Police
Department in responding to the incident," said Bush spokesman
Bush, 64, was the 43rd President of the United States,
serving from 2001 to 2009, and the 46th Governor of Texas,
serving from 1995 to 2000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon