Person held near home of former President George W Bush
Washington: Authorities detained a person
near the home of former US President George W Bush after an
incident in his Dallas-area neighborhood, a US Secret Service
spokesman said on Thursday.
The person who was detained was coming to visit a
neighbour of the former president, CNN quoted Ed Donovan of
the Secret Service as saying.
The person, who was not identified, was authorised to
come onto the street, Donovan said.
The incident is being investigated by the Secret
Service, and there was no perceived threat to the former
president, according to Sgt. Warren Mitchell with the Dallas
"President and Mrs. Bush are OK and they appreciate the
work of the United States Secret Service and the Dallas Police
Department in responding to the incident," said Bush spokesman
Bush, 64, was the 43rd President of the United States,
serving from 2001 to 2009, and the 46th Governor of Texas,
serving from 1995 to 2000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi