Personal data on Russians being sold in malls
Moscow: Electronic databases that contain personal details about Russian citizens as well as "state secrets" are being sold illegally in Moscow`s shopping malls, police said.
The Federal Security Service and Moscow police conducted a large-scale operation in the capital and seized the databases with personal information about organisations and citizens, a statement said.
The operation was "to terminate illegal activities of persons selling in various shopping malls in Moscow electronic databases that contain personalised information about Russian citizens, as well as information that constitutes state secret".
Illegal trade in databases of citizens and organisations has become widespread in Russia in recent years. This includes information on personal telephone numbers, addresses, e-mails as well as details on personal income and taxes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed