Personal data on Russians being sold in malls
Moscow: Electronic databases that contain personal details about Russian citizens as well as "state secrets" are being sold illegally in Moscow`s shopping malls, police said.
The Federal Security Service and Moscow police conducted a large-scale operation in the capital and seized the databases with personal information about organisations and citizens, a statement said.
The operation was "to terminate illegal activities of persons selling in various shopping malls in Moscow electronic databases that contain personalised information about Russian citizens, as well as information that constitutes state secret".
Illegal trade in databases of citizens and organisations has become widespread in Russia in recent years. This includes information on personal telephone numbers, addresses, e-mails as well as details on personal income and taxes.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!