Personal data on Russians being sold in malls
Moscow: Electronic databases that contain personal details about Russian citizens as well as "state secrets" are being sold illegally in Moscow`s shopping malls, police said.
The Federal Security Service and Moscow police conducted a large-scale operation in the capital and seized the databases with personal information about organisations and citizens, a statement said.
The operation was "to terminate illegal activities of persons selling in various shopping malls in Moscow electronic databases that contain personalised information about Russian citizens, as well as information that constitutes state secret".
Illegal trade in databases of citizens and organisations has become widespread in Russia in recent years. This includes information on personal telephone numbers, addresses, e-mails as well as details on personal income and taxes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Indian cricketers are getting married in Twenty20 mode
- SDM report holds Ryan school guilty of Divyansh's death