Personal data on Russians being sold in malls
Moscow: Electronic databases that contain personal details about Russian citizens as well as "state secrets" are being sold illegally in Moscow`s shopping malls, police said.
The Federal Security Service and Moscow police conducted a large-scale operation in the capital and seized the databases with personal information about organisations and citizens, a statement said.
The operation was "to terminate illegal activities of persons selling in various shopping malls in Moscow electronic databases that contain personalised information about Russian citizens, as well as information that constitutes state secret".
Illegal trade in databases of citizens and organisations has become widespread in Russia in recent years. This includes information on personal telephone numbers, addresses, e-mails as well as details on personal income and taxes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok