Personal info of US VVIPs posted on website
Washington: The FBI and US Secret Service have launched a probe into suspected hacking of personal information related to VVIPs like US First Lady Michelle Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, and several other eminent figures, which appeared on a website with Russian roots.
The website also posted information about several Hollywood celebrities and top US officials, including that of FBI Director Robert Mueller, Attorney General Eric Holder, and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
"We will confirm Secret Service is investigating the matter. We cannot comment further as it is an ongoing investigation," said Secret Service spokesperson Brian Leahy.
Some of the information posted are very detailed, and even the social security number of the First Lady and Biden have been uploaded.
The information posted about the First Lady claimed that she carried a balance of USD 12,944 on a Bank of America credit card at one point in the last two and a half years.
It also showed an USD 886 balance on a Banana Republic card prior to her move to the White House.
"Blame your husband, we still love you, Michelle," the website said.
Others, celebrities whose personal information have been compromised are Kim Kardashian, Mel Gibson, Ashton Kutcher, Jay-Z, Beyonce, Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Hulk Hogan.
Details about influential figures such as Sarah Palin, Donald Trump , Al Gore, Los Angeles Police Department Chief Charlie Beck were also posted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, Bihar Matric Results 2016: (biharboard.bih.nic.in), BSEB 10th Result 2016 to be declared tomorrow on May 29
- Shahid Kapoor-Alia Bhatt's 'Udta Punjab' is not banned, tweets Anurag Kashyap!
- Check out: 6 beauteous beaches in Odisha you didn't know much about!
- IPL VIDEO: When 'livid' Praveen Kumar charged at Hyderabad skipper David Warner
- Must watch: Indian billionaires and their private jets