Personal info of US VVIPs posted on website
Washington: The FBI and US Secret Service have launched a probe into suspected hacking of personal information related to VVIPs like US First Lady Michelle Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, and several other eminent figures, which appeared on a website with Russian roots.
The website also posted information about several Hollywood celebrities and top US officials, including that of FBI Director Robert Mueller, Attorney General Eric Holder, and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
"We will confirm Secret Service is investigating the matter. We cannot comment further as it is an ongoing investigation," said Secret Service spokesperson Brian Leahy.
Some of the information posted are very detailed, and even the social security number of the First Lady and Biden have been uploaded.
The information posted about the First Lady claimed that she carried a balance of USD 12,944 on a Bank of America credit card at one point in the last two and a half years.
It also showed an USD 886 balance on a Banana Republic card prior to her move to the White House.
"Blame your husband, we still love you, Michelle," the website said.
Others, celebrities whose personal information have been compromised are Kim Kardashian, Mel Gibson, Ashton Kutcher, Jay-Z, Beyonce, Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Hulk Hogan.
Details about influential figures such as Sarah Palin, Donald Trump , Al Gore, Los Angeles Police Department Chief Charlie Beck were also posted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!