Peru frees Chilean arrested outside air base
Lima: Peruvian police have freed one of two Chileans arrested this week on suspicion of espionage.
Local prosecutor Lelia Vasquez says 34-year-old bicycle trekker Maximiliano Serain, who had pitched his tent a few meters from the perimeter fence of the El Pato airbase on Peru`s northern coast, turned out to be the artist he claimed to be.
Police had said they found him with a camera and sketches of the base.
The second Chilean remains under arrest in the southern city of Tacna. Peruvian news reports say 19-year-old Nicolas Pizarro was arrested taking photographs at an Army post there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly