Peru: Fujimori to have tongue surgery
Lima: Former Peruvian president Alberto Fujimori`s chief doctor says he has been hospitalised for surgery to correct lesions on his tongue.
Dr Alejandro Aguinaga said that Fujimori entered a hospital on Sunday. It will be the fourth time since 1997 that he has undergone such an operation.
Aguinaga says the procedure is scheduled for Monday morning.
The 71-year-old former leader is serving a 25-year jail sentence for killings and kidnappings by security forces during his presidency.
Fujimori ruled Peru with an increasingly iron fist from 1990 until 2000, when his government collapsed amid a bribery scandal.
In 2005, he left exile in Japan and travelled to Chile, where he was arrested and extradited to Peru.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH