Petraeus affair: Jill Kelley in bid to salvage reputation
Washington: Florida socialite Jill Kelley’s, the woman at the heart of the sex scandal that ensnared CIA director General David Petraeus, legal team is launching a full-court press to defend her reputation in response to damaging reports from the disgrace.
Kelley’s legal team is alleging that ‘government sources’ are responsible for leaking Kelley’s personal life to the media, starting with her name.
A letter from Kelley’s lawyer has asked whether the Department of Justice is investigating these alleged leaks.
According to CNN, in the letter, Abbe Lowell opens the door to legal action, writing ‘we are researching these issues to advise (the Kelleys) of their right to pursue these issues civilly’.
Other documents obtained by CNN indicate that Lowell is filing a complaint with the Attorney Consumer Assistance Program in Florida against a lawyer who once represented Kelley.
Lowell claims that Kelley`s attorney-client privilege may have been violated.
The complaint suggests the lawyer targeted in the complaint "held a press conference to discuss his relationship with (Kelley) and other members of her family" without Kelley``s knowledge or permission, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam