Petraeus affair: Jill Kelley in bid to salvage reputation
Washington: Florida socialite Jill Kelley’s, the woman at the heart of the sex scandal that ensnared CIA director General David Petraeus, legal team is launching a full-court press to defend her reputation in response to damaging reports from the disgrace.
Kelley’s legal team is alleging that ‘government sources’ are responsible for leaking Kelley’s personal life to the media, starting with her name.
A letter from Kelley’s lawyer has asked whether the Department of Justice is investigating these alleged leaks.
According to CNN, in the letter, Abbe Lowell opens the door to legal action, writing ‘we are researching these issues to advise (the Kelleys) of their right to pursue these issues civilly’.
Other documents obtained by CNN indicate that Lowell is filing a complaint with the Attorney Consumer Assistance Program in Florida against a lawyer who once represented Kelley.
Lowell claims that Kelley`s attorney-client privilege may have been violated.
The complaint suggests the lawyer targeted in the complaint "held a press conference to discuss his relationship with (Kelley) and other members of her family" without Kelley``s knowledge or permission, the report said.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Bipasha Basu - Karan Singh Grover wedding: Official pictures from mehendi/ sangeet ceremony are here
- Crucial file on 'truth behind Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose's disappearance' destroyed in 1972
- Russian woman raped in Goa by guest house owner
- Nobody can portray Lakhan better than me: Anil Kapoor
- PHOTOS: How Mumbai Indians' captain Rohit Sharma celebrated his 29th birthday!