Petraeus tells CIA analysts to heed troops on war
Washington: The general who led the Afghanistan war and now heads the CIA is telling agency analysts to pay more attention to the military when it grades the war`s progress.
US officials say the move by CIA director David Petraeus could improve the report card on the war in the next Afghanistan National Intelligence Estimate. The document helps policymakers decide the course of the war.
Previously, CIA analysts sent their work only to the top military commander. Two US officials say from now on the analysts will share conclusions with field-level officers so they can offer dissent earlier. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity to describe the classified process.
Critics warn that allowing the military more pushback could keep analysts from giving the war a failing grade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah