Petraeus tells CIA analysts to heed troops on war
Washington: The general who led the Afghanistan war and now heads the CIA is telling agency analysts to pay more attention to the military when it grades the war`s progress.
US officials say the move by CIA director David Petraeus could improve the report card on the war in the next Afghanistan National Intelligence Estimate. The document helps policymakers decide the course of the war.
Previously, CIA analysts sent their work only to the top military commander. Two US officials say from now on the analysts will share conclusions with field-level officers so they can offer dissent earlier. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity to describe the classified process.
Critics warn that allowing the military more pushback could keep analysts from giving the war a failing grade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre