Petraeus tells CIA analysts to heed troops on war
Washington: The general who led the Afghanistan war and now heads the CIA is telling agency analysts to pay more attention to the military when it grades the war`s progress.
US officials say the move by CIA director David Petraeus could improve the report card on the war in the next Afghanistan National Intelligence Estimate. The document helps policymakers decide the course of the war.
Previously, CIA analysts sent their work only to the top military commander. Two US officials say from now on the analysts will share conclusions with field-level officers so they can offer dissent earlier. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity to describe the classified process.
Critics warn that allowing the military more pushback could keep analysts from giving the war a failing grade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers