Petraeus tells CIA analysts to heed troops on war
Washington: The general who led the Afghanistan war and now heads the CIA is telling agency analysts to pay more attention to the military when it grades the war`s progress.
US officials say the move by CIA director David Petraeus could improve the report card on the war in the next Afghanistan National Intelligence Estimate. The document helps policymakers decide the course of the war.
Previously, CIA analysts sent their work only to the top military commander. Two US officials say from now on the analysts will share conclusions with field-level officers so they can offer dissent earlier. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity to describe the classified process.
Critics warn that allowing the military more pushback could keep analysts from giving the war a failing grade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- 'Selfie' with Bulandshahr DM B Chandrakala lands 18-year-old in jail
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!