‘Petraeus-themed memorabilia’ floods eBay
New York: Since David Petraeus left the CIA after admitting to an affair with his biographer, Paula Broadwell, all kinds of Petraeus-themed memorabilia are being sold on eBay.
Buyers have been snapping up, and bidding up, autographed baseballs, military “challenge” coins, and signed photos of the former CIA chief.
One seller was offering an “exceptionally rare” item: a “custom coffee mug hand-signed” by Petraeus when he was commanding general of forces in Iraq, for USD 850, the New York Post reports.
The bids ran as high as USD 249 this week for a “Rawlings Official Major League baseball signed by Four Star General David Petraeus” obtained at a political event in Washington, the paper said.
An embossed 2009 invitation to a dinner honouring Petraeus when he was head of Central Command was going for USD 24.50, it added.
According to the paper, a T-shirt emblazoned with a photo of Petreaus, with the slogan, “General For President” was fetching USD 12.9 5.
And a “General Petraeus 2012” bumper magnet had a USD 6.99 bid, the report added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged