Philadelphia teen sues teacher, school after being mocked for wearing ‘Romney T-shirt’
Washington: The family of a Philadelphia teenager has sued her teacher and her school district over claims that she was mocked for wearing a Mitt Romney T-shirt to class.
The lawsuit claims the district ignored 16-year-old Samantha Pawlucy`s right to free speech, and let other students harass her and subjected her to emotional distress. It also seeks unspecified damages, Fox News reports.
A district spokesman declined to comment.
According to the report, teacher Lynette Gaymon has apologized to Pawlucy. Pawlucy says the teacher questioned why she was wearing the shirt and called others to the room to laugh at her in September, the report said.
Mitt Romney also called the girl`s family and said he appreciated her courage. The Republican lost Pennsylvania and the November election to President Barack Obama, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Rahul Singh takes blessings from poor on his B-day
- Dino Morea, Ranbir Kapoor flaunt football skills! - See pics
- BJP to go it alone in UP Assembly polls, Ram temple not to be on poll agenda: Mahesh Sharma
- Thousands flee IS offensive in northern Syria: Monitor
- Flipkart effect: Startups may lose sheen in job market