Philadelphia teen sues teacher, school after being mocked for wearing ‘Romney T-shirt’
Washington: The family of a Philadelphia teenager has sued her teacher and her school district over claims that she was mocked for wearing a Mitt Romney T-shirt to class.
The lawsuit claims the district ignored 16-year-old Samantha Pawlucy`s right to free speech, and let other students harass her and subjected her to emotional distress. It also seeks unspecified damages, Fox News reports.
A district spokesman declined to comment.
According to the report, teacher Lynette Gaymon has apologized to Pawlucy. Pawlucy says the teacher questioned why she was wearing the shirt and called others to the room to laugh at her in September, the report said.
Mitt Romney also called the girl`s family and said he appreciated her courage. The Republican lost Pennsylvania and the November election to President Barack Obama, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez