Philadelphia teen sues teacher, school after being mocked for wearing ‘Romney T-shirt’
Washington: The family of a Philadelphia teenager has sued her teacher and her school district over claims that she was mocked for wearing a Mitt Romney T-shirt to class.
The lawsuit claims the district ignored 16-year-old Samantha Pawlucy`s right to free speech, and let other students harass her and subjected her to emotional distress. It also seeks unspecified damages, Fox News reports.
A district spokesman declined to comment.
According to the report, teacher Lynette Gaymon has apologized to Pawlucy. Pawlucy says the teacher questioned why she was wearing the shirt and called others to the room to laugh at her in September, the report said.
Mitt Romney also called the girl`s family and said he appreciated her courage. The Republican lost Pennsylvania and the November election to President Barack Obama, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test