Philippine Airlines avoiding N Korean rocket path
Manila: Philippine Airlines says it will
change the flight paths of several planes to avoid a rocket
North Korea is expected to launch sometime in the next week.
The Philippine flag-carrier said Monday that a dozen of
its flights from the United States, Japan and South Korea will
fly safely away from the rocket`s possible path to protect its
passengers. The airline says there are no plans to cancel any
North Korea says it is launching a satellite between
Thursday and April 16. It denies claims by the US, Philippines
and other countries that the launch is intended to test
long-range missile technology.
Philippine officials have declared a no-fly zone and
urged ships and fishing boats to avoid northeastern
territorial waters where rocket debris may fall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire