Philippine Airlines avoiding N Korean rocket path
Manila: Philippine Airlines says it will
change the flight paths of several planes to avoid a rocket
North Korea is expected to launch sometime in the next week.
The Philippine flag-carrier said Monday that a dozen of
its flights from the United States, Japan and South Korea will
fly safely away from the rocket`s possible path to protect its
passengers. The airline says there are no plans to cancel any
North Korea says it is launching a satellite between
Thursday and April 16. It denies claims by the US, Philippines
and other countries that the launch is intended to test
long-range missile technology.
Philippine officials have declared a no-fly zone and
urged ships and fishing boats to avoid northeastern
territorial waters where rocket debris may fall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah