Philippine Airlines avoiding N Korean rocket path
Manila: Philippine Airlines says it will
change the flight paths of several planes to avoid a rocket
North Korea is expected to launch sometime in the next week.
The Philippine flag-carrier said Monday that a dozen of
its flights from the United States, Japan and South Korea will
fly safely away from the rocket`s possible path to protect its
passengers. The airline says there are no plans to cancel any
North Korea says it is launching a satellite between
Thursday and April 16. It denies claims by the US, Philippines
and other countries that the launch is intended to test
long-range missile technology.
Philippine officials have declared a no-fly zone and
urged ships and fishing boats to avoid northeastern
territorial waters where rocket debris may fall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened