Philippine bus accident leaves 6 dead, 43 injured
Manila: A speeding passenger bus has slammed into a concrete wall surrounding a house after its brakes failed while negotiating a downhill curve in an accident that killed six people and injured 43 others the central Philippines.
Police Investigator Celso Makidato says the impact hurled the bus conductor out of the vehicle in the accident yesterday night in Cebu province`s Toledo city. All the casualties were from the bus, including the driver, who was arrested.
Makidato told The Associated Press today that a passenger bus also lost its brakes and crashed into the same house a year ago in an accident that left 15 people dead.
Many accidents in the country are blamed on poorly maintained vehicles and roads and inadequate driver training.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'