Philippine floods toll 652 dead with 808 missing
Manilla: The death toll from mammoth floods
unleashed in the southern Philippines by tropical storm Washi
has climbed to 652 with 808 others missing, the Red Cross said
The devastated port cities of Cagayan de Oro and Iligan
in Mindanao island accounted for most of the deaths, the
The head of the government`s disaster response agency,
Benito Ramos, said their own count stood at 516 deaths and 274
missing. But he conceded that the death toll would likely go
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Saradha scam: ED summons P Chidambaram's wife Nalini
- Half the town is gone, says Amatrice mayor as 6.2-magnitude earthquake strikes central Italy; toll rises to 14
- Katrina Kaif and Varun Dhawan to go dancing in 'ABCD 3'?
- Gadkari to meet FM Jaitley today for vehicle scrapping policy
- Hot scoop! THIS actress has replaced Alia Bhatt in Rohit Shetty's next?