Philippine Mayor among four dead in Manila airport ambush
Manila: Four people, including the mayor of a southern Philippine town, were killed on Friday in an ambush at Manila airport, its general manager said.
"The mayor and his family and some security escorts were attacked," Manila airport general manager Angel Honrado told reporters, adding one of the dead was the mayor of Labangan town.
Ukol Talumpa, a member of the political opposition, won a hotly-contested electoral contest for mayor of Labangan in last May`s elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet