Philippine police rescue Indian, kill 4 abductors
Manila: Philippine officials say police have rescued a kidnapped Indian businessman whose severed finger was delivered to his family.
Four abductors were killed in a shootout and another was arrested.
Senior Superintendent Renato Gumban says Gurtej Singh was rescued today during a raid of the kidnappers` hideout in northern Bulacan province.
He says Singh and his wife Kulwinder Kaur were talking to clients of their money-lending business along a road in Pulilan township when the kidnappers struck on December 22.
They demanded 20 million pesos (USD 490,000) in ransom.
The amount was later reduced to USD 24,500.
Gumban says Kaur was freed Saturday after her family paid USD 6,800. When Singh`s ransom did not arrive Sunday, the kidnappers left his severed finger near his home.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy