Philippine ship collision: Toll rises to 52
Manila: The death toll in the collision of two ships in the Philippines rose to 52 on Monday. At least 68 people are still missing, the Philippine Coast Guard said.
The number of rescued passengers stood at 750, Xinhua cited the coast guard as saying.
Passenger vessel MV St. Thomas Aquianas and cargo ship Sulpicio Express 7 collided off Lawis Ledge, Talisay city, Friday night. The passenger vessel sank immediately after the incident. However, all the 38 crew members of the cargo vessel were safe.
Search and rescue operations for the remaining passengers of MV Thomas Aquinas have been temporarily suspended due to unfavourable weather conditions, officials said.
The cause of the accident has not yet been determined.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan