Philippine ship collision: Toll rises to 52
Manila: The death toll in the collision of two ships in the Philippines rose to 52 on Monday. At least 68 people are still missing, the Philippine Coast Guard said.
The number of rescued passengers stood at 750, Xinhua cited the coast guard as saying.
Passenger vessel MV St. Thomas Aquianas and cargo ship Sulpicio Express 7 collided off Lawis Ledge, Talisay city, Friday night. The passenger vessel sank immediately after the incident. However, all the 38 crew members of the cargo vessel were safe.
Search and rescue operations for the remaining passengers of MV Thomas Aquinas have been temporarily suspended due to unfavourable weather conditions, officials said.
The cause of the accident has not yet been determined.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song