Philippine troops hunt Abu Sayyaf despite Ramadan
Manila: Philippine officials say the military will continue to hunt for Abu Sayyaf militants who killed seven marines last week but they will take care not to disrupt the observance of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.
Regional military commander Lt Gen Raymundo Ferrer says troops will focus their manhunt and assaults on militants away from Muslim communities observing Monday`s start of Ramadan.
The marines were killed on Thursday in a clash in southern Sulu province. Two of the marines were beheaded. Another 26 were wounded.
President Benigno Aquino III has ordered troops to ensure the al Qaeda-linked militants are brought to justice.
Aquino warned: "Mark my words, to those of you who perpetrated this atrocity, know that you are now No 1 on my radar."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video