Philippines: 11 die in storm
Manila: Eleven people were killed and over a million displaced as torrential rains caused flooding in large parts of Manila and nine provinces in northern and central Philippines.
The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council said on Wednesday that tropical storm Haikui caused a landslide in Quezon City that buried two houses, killed nine people and injured four, reported Xinhua.
Two people were killed by electrocution and drowning.
A total of 126 roads nationwide remain closed to traffic due to floods.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details