Philippines: 11 die in storm
Manila: Eleven people were killed and over a million displaced as torrential rains caused flooding in large parts of Manila and nine provinces in northern and central Philippines.
The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council said on Wednesday that tropical storm Haikui caused a landslide in Quezon City that buried two houses, killed nine people and injured four, reported Xinhua.
Two people were killed by electrocution and drowning.
A total of 126 roads nationwide remain closed to traffic due to floods.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren