Philippines: 11 die in storm
Manila: Eleven people were killed and over a million displaced as torrential rains caused flooding in large parts of Manila and nine provinces in northern and central Philippines.
The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council said on Wednesday that tropical storm Haikui caused a landslide in Quezon City that buried two houses, killed nine people and injured four, reported Xinhua.
Two people were killed by electrocution and drowning.
A total of 126 roads nationwide remain closed to traffic due to floods.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India