Philippines: 11 die in storm
Manila: Eleven people were killed and over a million displaced as torrential rains caused flooding in large parts of Manila and nine provinces in northern and central Philippines.
The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council said on Wednesday that tropical storm Haikui caused a landslide in Quezon City that buried two houses, killed nine people and injured four, reported Xinhua.
Two people were killed by electrocution and drowning.
A total of 126 roads nationwide remain closed to traffic due to floods.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers