Philippines adopts measures to prevent Ebola
Manila: The Philippines` Department of Health (DOH) Thursday said that it has adopted precautionary measures to prevent the entry and spread of the Ebola virus in the country.
Amid the growing threat of the disease, Health Secretary Enrique Ona said there was still no cause for alarm, Xinhua reported.
"We are not worried but we are concerned and when we say we are concerned, we are doing everything to make sure that (the disease) does not reach our people," Ona said.
He said quarantine personnel at Philippine airports have already been instructed to make sure that all incoming travellers go through thermal scanners.
Ona said the DOH also has reagents and testing kits which can be used for early diagnosis of cases.
He said the Philippine government will educate overseas Filipino workers in Liberia, Guinea, and Sierra Leone about the disease.
According to the UN, 670 people in West Africa have died of Ebola virus disease since February, 224 of them in Sierra Leone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof