Philippines arrests alleged al Qaeda-linked bomber
Manila: Officials say police have arrested a suspected al Qaeda-linked Abu Sayyaf bomber involved in the 2002 killing of an American Green Beret and a recent hotel blast that killed three people.
Paquito Ochoa, who heads the government`s Anti-terrorism Council, says police and military intelligence officers captured Hussein Ahaddin late Tuesday in his hide-out near the southern city of Zamboanga.
Police said Wednesday that Ahaddin belonged to an urban-based squad of the Abu Sayyaf in Zamboanga city. He is believed to be involved in six deadly bombings, including in Monday`s blast that killed three people and wounded 27 others at a budget hotel in the city.
The Abu Sayyaf has been weakened by years of US-backed Philippine offensives but remains a threat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read