Philippines interior secretary untraceable
Manila: The interior secretary of the Philippines, who went missing after a plane crash on Saturday, remained untraceable on Sunday, Xinhua reported.
The five-seater plane carrying Interior and Local Government Secretary Jesse Robredo crashed on Saturday near an airport in Masbate city in central Philippines` Masbate province.
The pilots sent a distress call to Masbate airport around 5 pm, requesting for an emergency landing. However, the plane did not make it to the airport and crashed in the Masbate Bay.
Robredo`s aide Jun Abrazado was rescued from the crash site. Two pilots also were missing.
Philippine Navy Chief Vice Admiral Alexander Pama said the Navy has deployed four ships, two planes, a helicopter and two teams of Naval Special Operations Group divers.
One ship, equipped with a scan-sonar, was able to detect metal on the seabed and divers were checking if the object is part of the wreckage of the plane.
The coast guard, Air Force, Army and Philippine National Police are also helping in the operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion