Philippines interior secretary untraceable
Manila: The interior secretary of the Philippines, who went missing after a plane crash on Saturday, remained untraceable on Sunday, Xinhua reported.
The five-seater plane carrying Interior and Local Government Secretary Jesse Robredo crashed on Saturday near an airport in Masbate city in central Philippines` Masbate province.
The pilots sent a distress call to Masbate airport around 5 pm, requesting for an emergency landing. However, the plane did not make it to the airport and crashed in the Masbate Bay.
Robredo`s aide Jun Abrazado was rescued from the crash site. Two pilots also were missing.
Philippine Navy Chief Vice Admiral Alexander Pama said the Navy has deployed four ships, two planes, a helicopter and two teams of Naval Special Operations Group divers.
One ship, equipped with a scan-sonar, was able to detect metal on the seabed and divers were checking if the object is part of the wreckage of the plane.
The coast guard, Air Force, Army and Philippine National Police are also helping in the operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?