Philippines interior secretary untraceable
Manila: The interior secretary of the Philippines, who went missing after a plane crash on Saturday, remained untraceable on Sunday, Xinhua reported.
The five-seater plane carrying Interior and Local Government Secretary Jesse Robredo crashed on Saturday near an airport in Masbate city in central Philippines` Masbate province.
The pilots sent a distress call to Masbate airport around 5 pm, requesting for an emergency landing. However, the plane did not make it to the airport and crashed in the Masbate Bay.
Robredo`s aide Jun Abrazado was rescued from the crash site. Two pilots also were missing.
Philippine Navy Chief Vice Admiral Alexander Pama said the Navy has deployed four ships, two planes, a helicopter and two teams of Naval Special Operations Group divers.
One ship, equipped with a scan-sonar, was able to detect metal on the seabed and divers were checking if the object is part of the wreckage of the plane.
The coast guard, Air Force, Army and Philippine National Police are also helping in the operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened