Philippines interior secretary untraceable
Manila: The interior secretary of the Philippines, who went missing after a plane crash on Saturday, remained untraceable on Sunday, Xinhua reported.
The five-seater plane carrying Interior and Local Government Secretary Jesse Robredo crashed on Saturday near an airport in Masbate city in central Philippines` Masbate province.
The pilots sent a distress call to Masbate airport around 5 pm, requesting for an emergency landing. However, the plane did not make it to the airport and crashed in the Masbate Bay.
Robredo`s aide Jun Abrazado was rescued from the crash site. Two pilots also were missing.
Philippine Navy Chief Vice Admiral Alexander Pama said the Navy has deployed four ships, two planes, a helicopter and two teams of Naval Special Operations Group divers.
One ship, equipped with a scan-sonar, was able to detect metal on the seabed and divers were checking if the object is part of the wreckage of the plane.
The coast guard, Air Force, Army and Philippine National Police are also helping in the operation.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- NEET 2016: From schedule to state governments' position to results announcement - All you need to know
- Twitter launches 'Connect' to help you find friends
- Hotness alert! Latest pic of Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan will leave you drooling
- Can you believe this? Bullet train fare 1.5 times higher than AC 1st Class
- India vs Zimbabwe: BCCI confirms tour; three ODIs, equal number of T20Is to be played in 12 days