Philippines welcomes Xi, seeks to build trust with China
Manila: The Philippines on Thursday welcomed newly-elected Chinese President Xi Jinping and sought to build bilateral "mutual trust and cooperation" amid territorial disputes.
The Philippines will continue to "seek all opportunities to help build a climate of mutual trust and cooperation" with the People`s Republic of China, an official statement said.
The island nation looks forward to "opportunities for positive engagement fortified by trust, good will, and cooperation, for the mutual benefit of all peoples in our region and around the world," the statement said.
China and the Philippines are locked in territorial dispute over the resource rich areas in South China Sea.
In January this year, the Philippines intimated China that it was taking the issue to international arbitration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees