Phone-hacking: Another British journalist arrested
London: The Scotland Yard on Monday arrested a journalist on "suspicion of handling stolen goods" following leads related to the phone-hacking inquiry at the News of the World.
The journalist was arrested under Operation Tuleta, one of the operations launched in the wake of the phone-hacking row that hit British press, politics and the police last year.
Operation Tuleta is investigating criminal breaches of privacy.
The police said: "The 51-year-old man, a journalist (Tuleta arrest 8), was arrested after attending a central London police station by appointment at approximately 10 am today on suspicion of handling of stolen goods".
It added: "The arrest relates to a suspected conspiracy involving the gathering of data from stolen mobile phones and is not about seeking journalists to reveal confidential sources in relation to information that has been obtained legitimately".
The eighth arrest under the operation comes less than a fortnight after a Sun journalist was arrested under the same investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users