Photo shows ailing Hugo Chavez walking
Havana: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, who
has undergone cancer surgery, was shown taking a walk with his
daughters in pictures released on Sunday by the Cuban government.
The photos show 56-year-old Chavez walking with daughters
Maria Gabriela and Rosa Virginia. He is also accompanied by
Venezuelan Foreign Minister Nicolas Maduro and an unidentified
person described as his doctor.
Chavez was dressed in sports clothes and appeared much
thinner than usual.
The four pictures appeared on the government-run website
cubadebate.cu, which said the Venezuelan leader`s walk took
place on Friday and continued for about 10 minutes.
Chavez was rushed to hospital in Cuba on June 10 during a
state visit. He underwent surgery for what was initially
described as a "pelvic abscess."
But the Venezuelan president later disclosed that a
cancerous tumor had been removed from his body.
He has remained in Cuba since his operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia