Photo shows ailing Hugo Chavez walking
Havana: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, who
has undergone cancer surgery, was shown taking a walk with his
daughters in pictures released on Sunday by the Cuban government.
The photos show 56-year-old Chavez walking with daughters
Maria Gabriela and Rosa Virginia. He is also accompanied by
Venezuelan Foreign Minister Nicolas Maduro and an unidentified
person described as his doctor.
Chavez was dressed in sports clothes and appeared much
thinner than usual.
The four pictures appeared on the government-run website
cubadebate.cu, which said the Venezuelan leader`s walk took
place on Friday and continued for about 10 minutes.
Chavez was rushed to hospital in Cuba on June 10 during a
state visit. He underwent surgery for what was initially
described as a "pelvic abscess."
But the Venezuelan president later disclosed that a
cancerous tumor had been removed from his body.
He has remained in Cuba since his operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency