Photo shows ailing Hugo Chavez walking
Havana: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, who
has undergone cancer surgery, was shown taking a walk with his
daughters in pictures released on Sunday by the Cuban government.
The photos show 56-year-old Chavez walking with daughters
Maria Gabriela and Rosa Virginia. He is also accompanied by
Venezuelan Foreign Minister Nicolas Maduro and an unidentified
person described as his doctor.
Chavez was dressed in sports clothes and appeared much
thinner than usual.
The four pictures appeared on the government-run website
cubadebate.cu, which said the Venezuelan leader`s walk took
place on Friday and continued for about 10 minutes.
Chavez was rushed to hospital in Cuba on June 10 during a
state visit. He underwent surgery for what was initially
described as a "pelvic abscess."
But the Venezuelan president later disclosed that a
cancerous tumor had been removed from his body.
He has remained in Cuba since his operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!