Pilot fakes plane crash, then proposes to girlfriend
London: A pilot of a private flight with his girlfriend tricked her into believing that they were about to crash. He asked her to read the emergency manual, where it was written "Will you marry me?"
Ryan Thompson from Chicago took his girlfriend, Carlie, on a private flight over the city, where he planned to propose, the Daily Mail reported.
Mid-flight, he tricked her into believing that the plane`s controls were malfunctioning. He asked the woman he needed her to read the emergency procedure to him.
"Honey, I need you to remain calm," Thompson told her.
Carlie, appearing visibly shaken, proceeds to read from a paper handed to her by Thompson.
She reads: "The checklist is complete... and it says the rings may be engaged... and to initiate the ring engagement procedure. Will you marry me?"
The woman took a few seconds to grasp that the plane was not actually about to crash, and that her boyfriend was actually proposing to her, the daily said.
Luckily for the pilot, the woman appreciated the trick and said "yes".
She received a sparkling diamond ring, and Thompson told her that the whole episode was caught on hidden camera.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender