Pilot, skydiver injured in plane-parachute collision in US
Houston: The 87-year-old pilot of a Cessna and a skydiver escaped with minor injuries when the plane collided with a parachute at a small airport in the US state of Florida, authorities said on Sunday.
The plane took a nose-dive and the skydiver was thrown to the ground at the airport in Polk County.
Neither the pilot nor the 49-year-old skydiver were seriously injured when they fell about 75 feet, according to the Polk County Sheriff`s Office.
Sharon Trembley, 87, was doing what are called "touch and goes" with the Cessna, a maneuver in which the plane touches the ground and ascends again.
The Polk County Sheriff`s Department initially identified the pilot as Trembley, CNN reported.
On his third time up, one wing became tangled in the strings of the parachute that held John Frost, officials said.
Both men were taken to a hospital. Frost was treated and released and Trembley was being held for observation, the report said.
Officials said the National Transportation Safety Board and the Federal Aviation Administration were notified and responded to the scene.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack