`Pilot was not in cockpit when Air France crashed`
London: The pilot of the Air France flight that crashed into the Atlantic Ocean nearly two years ago was not in the cockpit when the plane ran into trouble.
Leading German news magazine Der Spiegel quoted an expert as saying that captain Marc Dubois, 58, could be heard on the black box recordings rushing into the cockpit when the plane encountered bad weather.
“He gave both co-pilots instructions on how to save the plane,” the expert, who was not named, told the magazine.
According to the Daily Mail, the plane wreckage was found in April, about 1,000 kilometres off the northeast coast of Brazil.
The first sealed ``black box`` recovered from 3,900ft under the ocean revealed flight data. The second of the two sealed black box voice recorders recovered from wreckage of the plane revealed conversations from within the pilot’s cabin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Bollywood celebrities recall Rahul Dev Burman on his 77th birthday
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet to decide final payout for central government employees on June 29
- Apple cheers 2016 Pride celebration with a special rainbow Apple Watch!
- Heavy rainfall expected in Vidarbha, Telangana, Andhra; Monsoon set to enter Delhi, Punjab, Haryana
- India's spectrum proceeds seen way below target at $10-$12 bn: HSBC