Pirates hijack Panama-registered cargo ship with 24 Chinese
Beijing: A Panama-registered cargo ship
with 24 Chinese sailors on board was hijacked by seven pirates
on Thursday in the Arabian Sea, prompting China to launch an anti
piracy operation to rescue the vessel, an official has said.
Pirates attacked the vessel, "Full City," some 450
nautical miles off the coast of Mumbai and 750 nautical miles
east of the area, where the Chinese Navy convoy fleet was
assembled, an official of the China Sea Rescue Center said.
Two Chinese navy vessels patrolling the Gulf of Aden
were sent to rescue the ship, official Xinhua news agency
The centre has started a contingent plan and reported
the incident to international authorities including the
International Maritime Bureau.
China`s Ministry of Transport has reminded Chinese
shipping companies to guard against pirates and improve their
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why