Pirates hijack Panama-registered cargo ship with 24 Chinese
Beijing: A Panama-registered cargo ship
with 24 Chinese sailors on board was hijacked by seven pirates
on Thursday in the Arabian Sea, prompting China to launch an anti
piracy operation to rescue the vessel, an official has said.
Pirates attacked the vessel, "Full City," some 450
nautical miles off the coast of Mumbai and 750 nautical miles
east of the area, where the Chinese Navy convoy fleet was
assembled, an official of the China Sea Rescue Center said.
Two Chinese navy vessels patrolling the Gulf of Aden
were sent to rescue the ship, official Xinhua news agency
The centre has started a contingent plan and reported
the incident to international authorities including the
International Maritime Bureau.
China`s Ministry of Transport has reminded Chinese
shipping companies to guard against pirates and improve their
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months