Pirates hijack Panama-registered cargo ship with 24 Chinese
Beijing: A Panama-registered cargo ship
with 24 Chinese sailors on board was hijacked by seven pirates
on Thursday in the Arabian Sea, prompting China to launch an anti
piracy operation to rescue the vessel, an official has said.
Pirates attacked the vessel, "Full City," some 450
nautical miles off the coast of Mumbai and 750 nautical miles
east of the area, where the Chinese Navy convoy fleet was
assembled, an official of the China Sea Rescue Center said.
Two Chinese navy vessels patrolling the Gulf of Aden
were sent to rescue the ship, official Xinhua news agency
The centre has started a contingent plan and reported
the incident to international authorities including the
International Maritime Bureau.
China`s Ministry of Transport has reminded Chinese
shipping companies to guard against pirates and improve their
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Scientists reconstruct detailed 3D eyes from single photo
- Santander pips BBVA: Eurozone`s largest bank becomes La Liga's newest sponsors
- US sanctions target Assad regime's arms, finance networks
- Bastille Day killer had help preparing Nice attack, says Paris prosecutor
- Another milestone for captain marvellous: Virat Kohli completes 3000 Test runs