Pirates hijack Panama-registered cargo ship with 24 Chinese
Beijing: A Panama-registered cargo ship
with 24 Chinese sailors on board was hijacked by seven pirates
on Thursday in the Arabian Sea, prompting China to launch an anti
piracy operation to rescue the vessel, an official has said.
Pirates attacked the vessel, "Full City," some 450
nautical miles off the coast of Mumbai and 750 nautical miles
east of the area, where the Chinese Navy convoy fleet was
assembled, an official of the China Sea Rescue Center said.
Two Chinese navy vessels patrolling the Gulf of Aden
were sent to rescue the ship, official Xinhua news agency
The centre has started a contingent plan and reported
the incident to international authorities including the
International Maritime Bureau.
China`s Ministry of Transport has reminded Chinese
shipping companies to guard against pirates and improve their
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert