Plane carrying Philippine interior secretary crashes
Manila: A light aircraft carrying the interior secretary of the Philippines crashed on Saturday in the country. While an aide was rescued, the secretary and two pilots were missing, Xinhua reported.
The five-seater plane carrying Interior and Local Government Secretary Jesse Robredo crashed near an airport in Masbate city in central Philippines` Masbate province, according to ABS-CBN TV.
The interior and local government department said Robredo was on a plane from Cebu to Naga.
The pilots sent a distress call to Masbate airport around 5 pm, requesting for an emergency landing.
However, the plane did not make it to the airport and crashed in the Masbate Bay.
ABS-CBN said Robredo`s aide Jun Abrazado was rescued from the crash site.
Masbate City vice-governor Vince Revi said a search operation was going on, but could not determine the status of Robredo and the other passengers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan