Plane carrying Philippine interior secretary crashes
Manila: A light aircraft carrying the interior secretary of the Philippines crashed on Saturday in the country. While an aide was rescued, the secretary and two pilots were missing, Xinhua reported.
The five-seater plane carrying Interior and Local Government Secretary Jesse Robredo crashed near an airport in Masbate city in central Philippines` Masbate province, according to ABS-CBN TV.
The interior and local government department said Robredo was on a plane from Cebu to Naga.
The pilots sent a distress call to Masbate airport around 5 pm, requesting for an emergency landing.
However, the plane did not make it to the airport and crashed in the Masbate Bay.
ABS-CBN said Robredo`s aide Jun Abrazado was rescued from the crash site.
Masbate City vice-governor Vince Revi said a search operation was going on, but could not determine the status of Robredo and the other passengers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state