Plane carrying Philippine interior secretary crashes
Manila: A light aircraft carrying the interior secretary of the Philippines crashed on Saturday in the country. While an aide was rescued, the secretary and two pilots were missing, Xinhua reported.
The five-seater plane carrying Interior and Local Government Secretary Jesse Robredo crashed near an airport in Masbate city in central Philippines` Masbate province, according to ABS-CBN TV.
The interior and local government department said Robredo was on a plane from Cebu to Naga.
The pilots sent a distress call to Masbate airport around 5 pm, requesting for an emergency landing.
However, the plane did not make it to the airport and crashed in the Masbate Bay.
ABS-CBN said Robredo`s aide Jun Abrazado was rescued from the crash site.
Masbate City vice-governor Vince Revi said a search operation was going on, but could not determine the status of Robredo and the other passengers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers