Plane carrying Philippine interior secretary crashes
Manila: A light aircraft carrying the interior secretary of the Philippines crashed on Saturday in the country. While an aide was rescued, the secretary and two pilots were missing, Xinhua reported.
The five-seater plane carrying Interior and Local Government Secretary Jesse Robredo crashed near an airport in Masbate city in central Philippines` Masbate province, according to ABS-CBN TV.
The interior and local government department said Robredo was on a plane from Cebu to Naga.
The pilots sent a distress call to Masbate airport around 5 pm, requesting for an emergency landing.
However, the plane did not make it to the airport and crashed in the Masbate Bay.
ABS-CBN said Robredo`s aide Jun Abrazado was rescued from the crash site.
Masbate City vice-governor Vince Revi said a search operation was going on, but could not determine the status of Robredo and the other passengers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued