Plane crash in Bolivia kills 8, 10 hurt
La Paz: An Aerocon turboprop with 18 people on board crashed in northern Bolivia, killing eight and leaving the other 10 people injured, the airline said.
Aerocon spokesman Nelson Kinn said that the plane had technical issues that led to the plane catching fire on landing in the small city of Riberalta near the Brazilian border, where the Madre de Dios River joins the Beni River.
There were 16 passengers and two crew on board the Fairchild Metro 23 aircraft.
"As they were landing, on touchdown, the plane had some kind of problem that led to fire. The people who died sustained multiple injuries and burns," Kinn told AFP yesterday.
Authorities were investigating the causes of the tragedy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head