Plane crash in Bolivia kills 8, 10 hurt
La Paz: An Aerocon turboprop with 18 people on board crashed in northern Bolivia, killing eight and leaving the other 10 people injured, the airline said.
Aerocon spokesman Nelson Kinn said that the plane had technical issues that led to the plane catching fire on landing in the small city of Riberalta near the Brazilian border, where the Madre de Dios River joins the Beni River.
There were 16 passengers and two crew on board the Fairchild Metro 23 aircraft.
"As they were landing, on touchdown, the plane had some kind of problem that led to fire. The people who died sustained multiple injuries and burns," Kinn told AFP yesterday.
Authorities were investigating the causes of the tragedy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Nathan Lyon joins Muttiah Muralitharan and Harbhajan Singh in the 200-test-wicket club
- Lawless UP: Dalit couple hacked to death for Rs 15 in Mulayam Singh Yadav's bastion Mainpuri
- GST Bill: Efforts to hammer out consensus gathers momentum, likely to be tabled in Rajya Sabha next week
- Brexit shockwaves hit British jobs, consumer confidence
- Mandsaur Muslim women assault case: Four accused held as victims narrate tale of horror