Plane crash in Bolivia kills 8, 10 hurt
La Paz: An Aerocon turboprop with 18 people on board crashed in northern Bolivia, killing eight and leaving the other 10 people injured, the airline said.
Aerocon spokesman Nelson Kinn said that the plane had technical issues that led to the plane catching fire on landing in the small city of Riberalta near the Brazilian border, where the Madre de Dios River joins the Beni River.
There were 16 passengers and two crew on board the Fairchild Metro 23 aircraft.
"As they were landing, on touchdown, the plane had some kind of problem that led to fire. The people who died sustained multiple injuries and burns," Kinn told AFP yesterday.
Authorities were investigating the causes of the tragedy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed