Plane crash kills two in Russia
Moscow: Two people were killed when a light plane crashed near Moscow Sunday, the emergency situations ministry said.
The crash took place in Krasnogorsk district of Moscow region around 3.30 p.m., Xinhua quoted a ministry spokesperson as saying.
The private single-engine plane crashed and caught fire soon after take-off, killing the two people onboard.
This was the second light aircraft crash in a week. Last Sunday, a pilot was killed when his light plane crashed during an air show near Moscow.
In May, an Mi-8 military helicopter crashed in central Russia`s Saratov region, killing the pilot and prompting the air force to ground all choppers of the type.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire