Plane crashes in New Zealand, killing 2 aboard
Wellington: A small plane has crashed in a New Zealand park, killing both people aboard.
Authorities say the two-seater Yak aircraft fell into a playing field on Monday in the town of Feilding on the country`s North Island.
Police spokeswoman Kim Perks says the plane left from an airfield a few miles (kilometres) from the crash site and was flying for about 25 minutes before it went down. Perks says witnesses saw the private plane performing acrobatics before the crash.
Perks says the two men believed to have been aboard are widely known in the region. Authorities are not releasing their names pending notification of their next of kin.
Investigators were travelling to the scene of the crash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation