Plane crashlands in Ukraine, five killed
Kiev: At least five people were killed when an An-24 plane with 45 people onboard made a crashlanding and caught fire in Ukraine, the emergencies service said Thursday.
Two people were injured while one was missing in Wednesday evening`s incident in the eastern city of Donetsk, the emergencies service`s press secretary said.
Thirty-nine people were evacuated before the airliner caught fire.
The plane missed the landing strip, turned upside down and broke into pieces, a spokesman said.
The charter flight was carrying football fans from Odessa to Donetsk for a UEFA Champions League game between Shakhtar Donetsk and Borussia Dortmund, the Ukrainskaya Pravda website reported.
An official said the hull of the plane was "badly deformed" and rescuers were unable to reach certain areas.
The search and rescue effort ended shortly after midnight Moscow time (2000 GMT).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray