Plane hijack scare in Amsterdam
New Delhi: Reports of a passenger plane being hijacked in Amsterdam`s Schiphol airport turned out to be a scare on Wednesday.
The plane was en route from Malaga in Spain to Amsterdam`s Schiphol Airport.
According to reports, the plane was escorted to Schiphol by two F-16 fighter jets. As no radio contact was being established with the pilot, there were apprehensions of reports of a possible hijack.
The Vueling plane was parked at a remote corner of Schiphol, about two kilometers from the main terminal, surrounded by security personnel and several ambulances, according to photographers at the scene.
Meanwhile, Spanish airline Vueling, that owns the plane, has denied reports that it had been hijacked.
"There was never any danger. There was a lack of communication between the pilot and the tower and the airport has activated the security protocol," a spokeswoman for Spanish carrier Vueling said.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’