Plane hijack scare in Amsterdam
New Delhi: Reports of a passenger plane being hijacked in Amsterdam`s Schiphol airport turned out to be a scare on Wednesday.
The plane was en route from Malaga in Spain to Amsterdam`s Schiphol Airport.
According to reports, the plane was escorted to Schiphol by two F-16 fighter jets. As no radio contact was being established with the pilot, there were apprehensions of reports of a possible hijack.
The Vueling plane was parked at a remote corner of Schiphol, about two kilometers from the main terminal, surrounded by security personnel and several ambulances, according to photographers at the scene.
Meanwhile, Spanish airline Vueling, that owns the plane, has denied reports that it had been hijacked.
"There was never any danger. There was a lack of communication between the pilot and the tower and the airport has activated the security protocol," a spokeswoman for Spanish carrier Vueling said.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!