Plane lands safely in US after bomb threat
Chicago: A United Airlines flight from the city`s O`Hare International Airport landed safely in Philadelphia after crew members found a threatening message in the plane`s lavatory that said "Bomb on, will die".
The plane, an Airbus A-320 with 113 passengers and five crew members on board, was headed to Philadelphia International airport.
The crew found a hand-written bomb threat on a bathroom wall on the plane during the flight and notified authorities.
"A flight attendant observed writing on a wall in a rear laboratory that stated `Bomb on, will die`," Philadelphia Police Chief Inspector Joe Sullivan said.
The flight landed safely at a secure area of the airport around last night and was met by Philadelphia police, FBI and Transportation Security Administration officials.
The passengers were taken to a secure location to talk to investigators, while the crew members were taken to a separate location for questioning, according to investigators.
Luggage aboard the plane was scanned and searched by authorities, who said so far no suspicious devices or packages have been found.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- Vijay Mallya PMLA case: ED to invoke India-UK MLAT for extradition
- IPL 2016, Qualifier 1: RCB vs GL - Squads, date, time, venue, TV listing, live streaming
- BJP govt cannot turn a blind eye to illegal immigration in Assam: RSS
- CBSE announces results of Central Teacher Eligibility Test
- PM Modi gifts Iran's Supreme leader Ayatollah Khamenei reproduction of rare Quran manuscript