Plane plunges into sea in China; Crew rescued
Beijing: A three-member crew on board a US-made Cirrus SR22 plane had a lucky escape after they made a successful emergency landing in the sea off the coast of south China`s Guangdong Province today.
The plane was owned by Zhuhai Hanxing General Aviation, the Zhuhai municipal maritime bureau said.
All three of the plane`s crew members were saved by a rescue team made up of local fishermen, state-run Xinhua news agency quoted the bureau as saying.
The accident was caused by an engine failure, according to an initial investigation.
The plane`s crew made a successful emergency landing in the sea after failing to restart the engine, the report said.
The crew waited for rescue on floating seat cushions, said Zhao Liancheng, head of the general aviation company and one of the plane`s crew members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt