Plane plunges into sea in China; Crew rescued
Beijing: A three-member crew on board a US-made Cirrus SR22 plane had a lucky escape after they made a successful emergency landing in the sea off the coast of south China`s Guangdong Province today.
The plane was owned by Zhuhai Hanxing General Aviation, the Zhuhai municipal maritime bureau said.
All three of the plane`s crew members were saved by a rescue team made up of local fishermen, state-run Xinhua news agency quoted the bureau as saying.
The accident was caused by an engine failure, according to an initial investigation.
The plane`s crew made a successful emergency landing in the sea after failing to restart the engine, the report said.
The crew waited for rescue on floating seat cushions, said Zhao Liancheng, head of the general aviation company and one of the plane`s crew members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi