Plane plunges into sea in China; Crew rescued
Beijing: A three-member crew on board a US-made Cirrus SR22 plane had a lucky escape after they made a successful emergency landing in the sea off the coast of south China`s Guangdong Province today.
The plane was owned by Zhuhai Hanxing General Aviation, the Zhuhai municipal maritime bureau said.
All three of the plane`s crew members were saved by a rescue team made up of local fishermen, state-run Xinhua news agency quoted the bureau as saying.
The accident was caused by an engine failure, according to an initial investigation.
The plane`s crew made a successful emergency landing in the sea after failing to restart the engine, the report said.
The crew waited for rescue on floating seat cushions, said Zhao Liancheng, head of the general aviation company and one of the plane`s crew members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan