Plane with 230 makes emergency landing in Warsaw
Warsaw: No one was hurt when a Boeing 767 flying from New York with some 230 people on board made an emergency landing at Warsaw`s airport on Tuesday after trouble with landing gear.
"All safety procedures worked perfectly fine and, thanks to this, nobody was injured," said Leszek Chorzewski, spokesman for the Polish national flag carrier LOT, operator of the plane.
Live television footage showed the Boeing craft landing on its belly, with a few sparks flying as it hit the runway covered with flame retardant foam. There was no blaze but firefighters hosed the plane with water and foam as a precautionary measure.
Poland`s President Bronislaw Komorowski said he would award state decorations to the crew of the plane after briefly talking to the pilot on the phone.
"To all those involved, I say thank you with all my heart," Komorowski told a news conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Lodha panel secretary accused BCCI selectors of taking sexual favours, reveals Ajay Shirke
- TMC govt cracks down on 'Narayani Sena', bans training camps in Cooch Behar district
- Brazil police say IOC's Patrick Hickey discussed illegal ticket sales
- TCS settles Orange County lawsuit for $26 mn; shares down
- Turkish military, US-led coalition launch major operation in northern Syria - officials