PM Modi's second radio address to nation 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
Updated: Nov 02, 2014, 17:01 PM IST
- PM Narendra Modi concludes his 18-minute address.
- The weather is changing. It is a good weather for health. Make full use of it. Some of you enjoy the food. I hope you will remain in best health. Thank you very much: PM Modi.
- If you have ideas and actual incidents which are constructive, do share with me on http://www.mygov.in: PM Modi.
- I appeal to you to share your experiences with me. We should all make efforts to curb this menace of drug abuse, says PM.
- Sharing your views for this show, shows that you are concerned about India. I will try to speak to you next month: PM Modi.
- Please trust this 'Pradhan Sevak'. The issue is an article of faith for me: PM Modi.
- I want to reiterate that when it comes to black money, I urge people to keep their faith in their 'Pradhan Sevak': PM
- Want to share something and I am sure the people trust me when I say this. It is about black money: PM
- Also working on making Kendriya Vidyalayas and some govt institutions disable friendly. A fund is being allocated for that - PM
- Referring to the specially-abled children, the PM says: "New scholarship programme idea has come up for specially-abled children. We are working on this."
- I had shared my thoughts on issues relating to specially abled last time. Officers in HRD Ministry told me about their initiatives, says PM.
- I salute Jawans of the Nation, says Narendra Modi.
- Visited Siachen when people celebrated Diwali. We owe it to the jawans for the security with which we can celebrate the festival: PM Modi.
- We need to recognise our internal strengths, says the Prime Minister.
- I think our 1.25 billion people have immense potential in them and are very capable. And we can stand up with confidence: Modi
- PM says a man wrote to him saying that when he was travelling by train he saw people collecting their garbage instead of throwing it around.
- Just by not dirtying our surroundings we are serving the poor in a big way: PM
- Swach Bharat Abhiyaan has influenced children most. People think twice before dirtying their surroundings: PM Modi
- I am seeing the greatest impact on children. Parents are now saying that kids are picking up chocolate wrappers: PM Modi.
- I am glad that people have decided to keep their country, their surroundings clean: PM Modi
- The youth of the nation wants to do something and are doing things: PM Modi in radio address.
- It is essential to change the mindset that everyone is bad: PM Modi
- I urged people to purchase 'Khadi' last time. I never said become 'Khadiwadi' but I said buy some Khadi. There was increase in Khadi: PM
- Narendra Modi begins his second radio address.
- A senior official said that post recording of Modi's address, the All India Radio will prepare a transcript to be later translated in regional languages. The AIR would repeat the telecast in regional languages on its regional channels today evening, the official said.
- According to reports, the BJP-led government has spent approximately Rs 1-1.5 crore on newspaper advertisements for the campaign.
- The initiative would help Modi connect directly with millions across the country who have no access to TV.
- PM Modi took to micro-blogging website Twitter yesterday and wrote - “Don't forget to tune in tomorrow at 11 AM for the 2nd 'Mann Ki Baat' Radio Programme.”
Don't forget to tune in tomorrow at 11 AM for the 2nd 'Mann Ki Baat' Radio Programme. http://t.co/763FUX4MEH
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) November 1, 2014
- "Have been going through the wonderful comments, ideas and good governance examples received for 'Mann Ki Baat' radio programme on 2nd Nov," he had tweeted on Tuesday.
- "Do keep sharing your ideas on the MyGov Open Forum. I will read them and share some of them during the Radio programme," he added in his tweet.
- The Prime Minister had earlier sought suggestions from the people for his 'Mann ki Baat' programme. A separate forum was created on the website 'MyGov' to enable the citizens to share their views.
- The Prime Minister had touched upon a wide range of issues such as Swachh Bharat mission, agriculture, irrigation issues, empowerment of women and skilled India.
- This will be Prime Minister Modi's second address through radio. The first one was broadcast on October 3 this year.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will address the nation on ‘Mann ki Baat’ programme, which will be broadcast on the state-owned All India Radio at 11 am on Sunday.