Poland arrest man planning attack on Parliament
Warsaw: Polish authorities said Tuesday that they have arrested a man who was planning to carry out a terror attack on the Parliament building in Warsaw while the president, prime minister, government ministers and lawmakers were inside.
Prosecutors said today that they arrested the suspect in Krakow on November 9.
They say he is a 45-year-old Polish academic researcher who had access to chemistry laboratories and who was in illegal possession of explosive materials, munitions and guns.
They say the suspect, who was not identified by name, was motivated by nationalistic, xenophobic and anti-Semitic ideas, but that he does not formally belong to any political group.
Prosecutor Mariusz Krason and other officials gave details of the case at a news conference in Warsaw.
He said the man has confessed in part to the suspicions against him. If he is convicted he could face up to five years in prison.
Two others working with him were also arrested for the illegal possession of weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video