Poland arrest man planning attack on Parliament
Warsaw: Polish authorities said Tuesday that they have arrested a man who was planning to carry out a terror attack on the Parliament building in Warsaw while the president, prime minister, government ministers and lawmakers were inside.
Prosecutors said today that they arrested the suspect in Krakow on November 9.
They say he is a 45-year-old Polish academic researcher who had access to chemistry laboratories and who was in illegal possession of explosive materials, munitions and guns.
They say the suspect, who was not identified by name, was motivated by nationalistic, xenophobic and anti-Semitic ideas, but that he does not formally belong to any political group.
Prosecutor Mariusz Krason and other officials gave details of the case at a news conference in Warsaw.
He said the man has confessed in part to the suspicions against him. If he is convicted he could face up to five years in prison.
Two others working with him were also arrested for the illegal possession of weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad