Poland: Two small planes crash, 6 killed
Warsaw: Authorities in Poland say two small planes have crashed within half an hour of each other in separate accidents in the southern part of the country,
killing six people.
In the most deadly accident, a plane carrying four people
crashed into a house in Krakow on Sunday evening. Police
spokesman Dariusz Nowak says a 45-year-old pilot and three
children were killed.
Jaroslaw Piatek, a spokesman for firefighters, told the
all-news station TVN24 that the house burst into flames but
that nobody inside the house was hurt.
Half an hour earlier, police spokeswoman Sgt Justyna
Basiaga says a small plane carrying two people crashed in
Witowice Dolne, a village near the city of Nowy Sacz. She said
the plane was travelling from festivities at a local air club
and was headed to Krakow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi