Poland: Two small planes crash, 6 killed
Warsaw: Authorities in Poland say two small planes have crashed within half an hour of each other in separate accidents in the southern part of the country,
killing six people.
In the most deadly accident, a plane carrying four people
crashed into a house in Krakow on Sunday evening. Police
spokesman Dariusz Nowak says a 45-year-old pilot and three
children were killed.
Jaroslaw Piatek, a spokesman for firefighters, told the
all-news station TVN24 that the house burst into flames but
that nobody inside the house was hurt.
Half an hour earlier, police spokeswoman Sgt Justyna
Basiaga says a small plane carrying two people crashed in
Witowice Dolne, a village near the city of Nowy Sacz. She said
the plane was travelling from festivities at a local air club
and was headed to Krakow.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why