Poland: Two small planes crash, 6 killed
Warsaw: Authorities in Poland say two small planes have crashed within half an hour of each other in separate accidents in the southern part of the country,
killing six people.
In the most deadly accident, a plane carrying four people
crashed into a house in Krakow on Sunday evening. Police
spokesman Dariusz Nowak says a 45-year-old pilot and three
children were killed.
Jaroslaw Piatek, a spokesman for firefighters, told the
all-news station TVN24 that the house burst into flames but
that nobody inside the house was hurt.
Half an hour earlier, police spokeswoman Sgt Justyna
Basiaga says a small plane carrying two people crashed in
Witowice Dolne, a village near the city of Nowy Sacz. She said
the plane was travelling from festivities at a local air club
and was headed to Krakow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez