Poland`s police arrest 42, including football fans
Warsaw: Poland`s police say they have arrested 42 members of gangs of extortionists and drug smugglers.
The arrests in Warsaw and across Poland come less than two weeks before the Euro 2012 football championships kick off in Warsaw on June 08.
The police said in a communiqué on its website on Monday that prosecutors are preparing to question those arrested, some of whom are suspected of taking part in extortion at gunpoint and in violence by fans of home league football clubs.
Poland co-hosts Euro 2012 with neighbouring Ukraine and is stepping up security ahead of the tournament, which runs through July 01.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read