Poles call US missile defense shift a betrayal
Warsaw: Poles are outraged at President
Barack Obama`s decision to scrap a Bush-era plan to place interceptor missiles in here.
Polish tabloids on Friday slammed Obama`s shift in strategy
as treachery. The front page of the daily tabloid Fakt said:
"Betrayal! The US sold us to Russia and stabbed us in the
The tabloid Super Express ran an editorial titled: "End
of illusions, Obama does not love Poland."
And President Lech Kaczynski was quoted by the daily
Rzeczpospolita as saying the development "from the point of
view of Poland is very bad."
Obama yesterday cancelled a long-planned missile defense
shield hated by Russia that was to have been built in Poland
and the Czech Republic.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?