Poles call US missile defense shift a betrayal
Warsaw: Poles are outraged at President
Barack Obama`s decision to scrap a Bush-era plan to place interceptor missiles in here.
Polish tabloids on Friday slammed Obama`s shift in strategy
as treachery. The front page of the daily tabloid Fakt said:
"Betrayal! The US sold us to Russia and stabbed us in the
The tabloid Super Express ran an editorial titled: "End
of illusions, Obama does not love Poland."
And President Lech Kaczynski was quoted by the daily
Rzeczpospolita as saying the development "from the point of
view of Poland is very bad."
Obama yesterday cancelled a long-planned missile defense
shield hated by Russia that was to have been built in Poland
and the Czech Republic.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information