Police arrest seventh person in sex abuse probe
London: British police say they have arrested a seventh person in the sex abuse probe spurred by allegations against the late entertainer Jimmy Savile.
Officers working on Operation Yewtree arrested a man in his 60s in connection with the investigation.
The man, from London, was arrested on suspicion of sexual offences. He has been taken to a south London police station.
The arrest is the latest in the broad investigation into child sex abuse spurred by the case of Savile, a prominent BBC television host who has, since his death last year, been linked to serial sex abuse of underage girls.
Police say there may be several hundred victims.
The Savile allegations have embarrassed the BBC, which has been accused of failing to report on investigations into Savile`s alleged crimes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?