Police arrests 1,300 people for selling drugs in China
Beijing: Over 1,300 people have been arrested across China for allegedly selling illegal drugs online, police said after a six-month nation-wide crackdown.
Police launched a special combat, including three intensive raids, against illegal online drug sales and sales of fake drugs since June this year, according to a statement released by the Ministry of Public Security here yesterday.
To date, police forces in 29 provincial-level regions have closed 140 unlicensed websites and online drug stores, it said.
According to the statement, police have also seized more than nine tonnes of raw materials for fake drug manufacture, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Illegal online sellers often use deceptive advertisements to lure buyers and most of the drugs were found to be made of starch or spoiled materials, the statement said.
Some drugs contained illegal, psychedelic or poisonous ingredients that may harm user`s health, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef