Police arrests 1,300 people for selling drugs in China
Beijing: Over 1,300 people have been arrested across China for allegedly selling illegal drugs online, police said after a six-month nation-wide crackdown.
Police launched a special combat, including three intensive raids, against illegal online drug sales and sales of fake drugs since June this year, according to a statement released by the Ministry of Public Security here yesterday.
To date, police forces in 29 provincial-level regions have closed 140 unlicensed websites and online drug stores, it said.
According to the statement, police have also seized more than nine tonnes of raw materials for fake drug manufacture, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Illegal online sellers often use deceptive advertisements to lure buyers and most of the drugs were found to be made of starch or spoiled materials, the statement said.
Some drugs contained illegal, psychedelic or poisonous ingredients that may harm user`s health, it added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living