Police arrests 1,300 people for selling drugs in China
Beijing: Over 1,300 people have been arrested across China for allegedly selling illegal drugs online, police said after a six-month nation-wide crackdown.
Police launched a special combat, including three intensive raids, against illegal online drug sales and sales of fake drugs since June this year, according to a statement released by the Ministry of Public Security here yesterday.
To date, police forces in 29 provincial-level regions have closed 140 unlicensed websites and online drug stores, it said.
According to the statement, police have also seized more than nine tonnes of raw materials for fake drug manufacture, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Illegal online sellers often use deceptive advertisements to lure buyers and most of the drugs were found to be made of starch or spoiled materials, the statement said.
Some drugs contained illegal, psychedelic or poisonous ingredients that may harm user`s health, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS