Police disperse Istanbul demonstrators with water cannon
Istanbul: Turkish police used water cannon on Saturday to disperse thousands of demonstrators who had gathered anew in defiance of the government in Istanbul`s Taksim Square.
Several thousands of protesters had earlier gathered in the square, the heart of demonstrations against the country`s Islamic-rooted government that shook Turkey for most of June, presenting Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan with the biggest challenge of his decade-long rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar board Intermediate Result 2016 declared: Check BSEB 12th Result result at www.biharboard.ac.in, www.biharboard.bih.nic.in
- Chidambaram wonders if Modi govt 'deserves' RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan
- Iran`s supreme leader Khamenei warns of Western 'schemes' as new MPs meet
- Confusion prevails over surrender of top aide of Hizb-ul-Mujahideen commander in Kashmir
- NASA to make second attempt to inflate expandable habitat on ISS