Police in 2 Egypt provinces protesting: Report
Cairo: Egypt`s state news agency says police in a Nile Delta province are blocking off entrance to their station, the latest labour unrest hitting the country`s police force.
Police in Kafr el-Sheikh province locked the gate to the security division with chains, MENA reported. The police are demanding better working conditions, along with dismissal of the Interior Minister.
They are also protesting alleged attempts by the Muslim Brotherhood to take over the ministry, which controls the police. The Brotherhood has denied that charge.
Also today, police at two stations in the southern province of Assuit went on strike, charging that the government did not carry out promises to fulfill their demands.
Last month, there was a wave of police strikes. The Islamist government promised to study demands of the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday