Police kill armed 14-year-old boy on NYC street
New York: Police say an officer shot and killed a 14-year-old boy on a New York City street after he refused to drop his gun and pointed it at them.
Shaaliver Douse died of a single gunshot to his jaw after the confrontation early today in the Bronx.
Police say two officers were on foot patrol when they heard gunfire at around 3 am.
Authorities say the officers found the boy with a 9mm handgun, identified themselves and told him to drop the weapon.
Police say one of the officers shot him after he pointed his gun at them.
Authorities say Douse was arrested in May in the shooting of another teen and charged with attempted murder.
News 12 Bronx reports prosecutors later dropped the charges against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- IPL 2016, Qualifier 2: GL vs SRH – 5 facts you must know ahead of virtual semi-final
- China to send lunar probe 'Chang'e 5' on moon!
- CHSE Odisha +2 Result (CHSE result 2016) Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared on May 30. Check chseodisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic.in
- Barack Obama arrives at Hiroshima atomic bomb park
- Boat sinks in Ganga, eight feared drowned in Katihar