Police kill armed 14-year-old boy on NYC street
New York: Police say an officer shot and killed a 14-year-old boy on a New York City street after he refused to drop his gun and pointed it at them.
Shaaliver Douse died of a single gunshot to his jaw after the confrontation early today in the Bronx.
Police say two officers were on foot patrol when they heard gunfire at around 3 am.
Authorities say the officers found the boy with a 9mm handgun, identified themselves and told him to drop the weapon.
Police say one of the officers shot him after he pointed his gun at them.
Authorities say Douse was arrested in May in the shooting of another teen and charged with attempted murder.
News 12 Bronx reports prosecutors later dropped the charges against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials